Hot New Products

SAVE $9.96 - Julia Child! - The French Chef $29.99

SAVE $9.96 - Julia Child! - The French Chef $29.99

SAVE $9.96 - Julia Child! - The French Chef $29.99Price: $39.95 $29.99 You save: $9.96

Studio: Wgbh Wholesale Release Date: 10/17/2006 Run time: 348 minutes

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/11249

Last updated: August 11, 2009, 1:45 am

Julia Child! - The French Chef Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 8

(Esther M. Lockwood, 2009-09-22) After swwing the movie I had to have this book it was so easy to find and order

(Lovemesomefoigras, 2008-05-30) The more I learn about cooking the more I realize how superior her television show is compared to most cooking programs. Not only do the episodes hold up to those of today's chefs, she is a much better teacher than, I think, any of them. Her commentary as she works is just right. Some of her remarks just seem funny then when you cook the dish you realize there was a perfect instruction tucked in there. I learn more from watching her than any other chef; she is incredibly fast but seems to be taking her time to show the correct way to do things. And her explanations of "why" are priceless. Chefs don't do that much now, yet it is valuable in the sense that ambitious cooks (like me) really benefit from knowing WHY things are supposed to be done in a certain way. It helps me improve. I watch all the cooking shows and hers really are the best. I wish I had all of her shows on dvd.

(Nicholas J. Bown, 2007-12-05) I am a french trained pastry chef who grew up watching Julia in my mothers kitchen. She was a groundbreaking culinairian, and paved the way for French cuisine in the US and the television cooking shows. Every Big name from the food network owes it to Julia Child. If you love cooking, then you will love this DVD.

(Fanshawe, 2007-04-10) I'm very happy that WGBH has released this third DVD set of Julia Child's wonderful show, but like another reviewer I was very disappointed that the first disk was taken up entirely by a 1-hour biography of Julia, and there are only 12 cooking shows on the other two disks, versus 18 shows provided on the first two sets. But, on the other hand, I'm extremely happy to have it at all. Early last year I emailed WGBH in praise of the DVD sets, hoping for more in the future, and was told that no more were in the works...then this came along. The "American Masters" biography is quite good, but I didn't think it was necessary to devote an entire disk to it when it is only an hour long. In this respect, I felt kind of cheated. Nonetheless...I really, truly hope that WGBH keeps releasing these sets, there are MANY MORE "French Chef" episodes that we could be watching! I hate to think them mouldering in a vault somewhere. Unlike some folks, I don't particularly care for Julia's later collaborative shows (somehow they seem diluted and the full character of Julia doesn't come through) so these originals are my holy grail.

(B. Vann, 2007-01-19) I am amused that I got an invite to review this product, as I have yet to be able to RECEIVE this product. Due to a 'whoopsie' somewhere in their automated system, my order for Julia Child III was magically transformed into Julia Child I. I asked that it be replaced and received... Julia Child I again! When I asked for that to be fixed, I was informed in a very nice and polite email that the problem was not yet fixed and sorry, you're out of luck and there's Just No Julia III. :( So if you've gotten this product, consider yourself lucky!

Shop Now: SAVE $9.96 - Julia Child! - The French Chef $29.99

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview