Hot New Products

RiffTrax: Plan 9 From Outer Space - from the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000! $9.95

RiffTrax: Plan 9 From Outer Space - from the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000! $9.95

RiffTrax: Plan 9 From Outer Space - from the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000! $9.95

If you set out to create the worst movie you could imagine, what would be your second step (we're presuming you've already hired Cuba Gooding, Jr. as the lead.) Maybe to cast a 300 pound Swedish wrestler as LA Police Chief? Make some flying saucers out of tinfoil and string? Perhaps see if a guy named Dudley Manlove could fill a supporting role? And you'd certainly want legendary director Ed Wood, Jr. involved, as writer, producer, director, or if possible, all three!Well, Plan 9 From Outer Space has all of that and more! (Except for Cuba Gooding, Jr. Aside from not being born when it was made, he had already committed to "Daddy Day Camp.") Plan 9 is a movie that exceeds all expectations, a difficult task for a flick frequently dubbed "The worst movie of all time." Few films are more deserving of a hilarious mocking commentary, and fortunately, Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett of RiffTrax.com and Mystery Science Theater 3000 rose to the occasion.

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/28701

Last updated: August 30, 2009, 9:31 pm

RiffTrax: Plan 9 From Outer Space - from the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000! Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.0 Total Reviews: 4

(Daniel W. Mcanally, 2009-08-25) The Rifftrax crew does their fun commentary on the Ed Wood film "Plan 9 from Outer Space" (Also known as: "The worst film of all time.") Since I am a huge fan of Ed Wood I was happy to own I could own this commentary on DVD, and am very proud to own it. This is a hilarious commentary and if you're any fan of humor you must own this DVD.

(Keatsla, 2009-07-30) Plan 9 from Outer Space is a movie I had seen many, many times on it's own over the years and found it to always be highly entertaining. The Rifftrax jokes on top add further to the enjoymant of this "fine" film. I watched this with a group of people who had not seen the original movie and they liked it as much as I did-- it was like watching a really great episode of MST3K. And I like that it is playable both with and without the Rifftrax commentary as I will likely watch this movie without them as well.

(C. Servo, 2009-06-04) If you like MST3K, then you'll love this. Having rediscovered these over the past year, I've filled my library with these and other MST3K alumni material (new and old). The kids like 'em, too. This is the first Rifftrax I've watched. I think they're dead on with the commentary. Looking forward to getting more.

(Graboidz, 2009-05-18) As a HUGE fan of MST3K, I've followed most of the cast in their various post-MST projects. I loved the 4 "Film Crew" DVD's and highly recommend those to anyone who enjoyed the Mike Era of MST3K. I was hoping that the Rifftrax version of "Plan 9" would follow suit. I ordered this DVD through the Rifftrax site which has it, as well as the other DVD's immediately available. Maybe it's almost too easy to tear apart "Plan 9 From Outer Space". While I did get a few chuckles here and there with the commentary provided by Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy...it didn't really live up to expectation. For the most part they avoided quite a few of the "obvious" jokes (awful Ed Wood dialog, scenes switching from night to day back to night again, cardboard tombstones, etc) but, it felt as though too many jokes were left unsaid. I really enjoy Mike Nelson's comedy, and while "Plan 9" didn't live up to expectation, I do plan on purchasing the other "3 Riffer" versions of "Killers From Space", "Little Shop of Horrors" and "Night of the Living Dead" too. If you are interested in checking out Rifftrax, or seeing how it compares to MST3K or Film Crew (or even Cinematic Titanic), then I highly recommend "Rifftrax Shorts: Vol. 1" in place of "Plan 9". "Shorts Vol. 1" lives up to the comedy high-water mark that MST3K created, and will have you chuckling for a solid 90 minutes. On the bonus side, this Rifftrax DVD does come with an un-riffed version of "Plan 9 From Outer Space", which was worth the price of the disk for me. I didn't own a clean DVD version of the film before purchasing the Rifftrax disk, and now am glad I have a decent copy.

Shop Now: RiffTrax: Plan 9 From Outer Space - from the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000! $9.95

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview