Hot New Products

Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System

Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System

Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/10399

Last updated: September 6, 2009, 11:00 am

Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.0 Total Reviews: 54

(Amy S. Mcfarland, 2009-10-28) I was so excited when I got these DVDs, hoping I could prepare my son for preschool and kindergarten. We watched the first DVD (you're supposed to watch it twice daily for a month) a few times, and he completely lost interest. We've tried to make a game out of it, I've tried making it more interactive, but the bottom line is that they're pretty boring. The author's own children star in it, and the entire DVD is the children saying/demonstrating a word, followed by it flashing in big letters on the screen. Perhaps if I had started my son at age 6 months or so, it would have been worthwhile, but as it stands I can hardly stand to watch it for more than 10 minutes. I would highly recommend Leap Frog's letter factory instead.

(M.A. Lo, 2009-10-28) As a first time parent, it's easy to be sold on products claiming to give your kid the leg up on life. If there's anything I've learned in the last 19 months, it's that face to face interaction and good book reading time can do more than any DVD set can do. Actually, I think the most fascinating thing my daughter learned to do was to use the control to turn the DVD player off. I found the set itself disorganized, and far more repetitive with lessons than I liked. It really plays like an electronic flash card, and just flashes images and the words across the screen...not much more effective than me holding up a flash card with pictures.

(Rachel S, 2009-10-27) While I understand that maybe this product is not for everyone, we experienced awesome results. My son was a preemie, born 6 weeks early and suffered a language delay. He was diagnosed with Sensory Processing/Integrative Disorder earlier this year. For Christmas last year, when my son was 2, I purchased this set with the idea that if he did not really like it, I could return it. We are NOT big on TV in our house and do not even have cable but I thought he could have a few simple educational videos. We never played it twice a day, once at the most and sometimes would even skip a few days. But the results were fantastic. He went from saying maybe 5 words to finally opening up and saying not just a lot more words, but complete sentences as well. Within days he actually started repeating the words back on the TV and within the first few weeks he was definitely recognizing the words in the accompanying books and flash cards. Within a month, he could identify every letter in the entire alphabet and began to read words not included in the program. It also threw him wholeheartedly into a love of books and now a day does not go by that we don't read together. He will amuse himself for hours on end with all of the books in his room. I am just thankful because he was extremely frustrated before we started the program with his inability to use words to express himself. I feel that the program helped him to make necessary connections in his brain that were not there before. He still has some speech and behavior problems and a slight impediment but other than that I am amazed at how far he has come since I introduced him to this program. I don't think the program can hurt anything and at the best it can make a miracle! :) Something I wanted to point out is that it is important that you share as much of the videos as possible with your child at the beginning. Simply inserting the DVD and expecting instant results is not recommended. I saw some reviews say that the videos were "boring". I don't feel that to be true. They are actually more or less "simple" which is the way it should be and does not overload your child's brain with filler images and graphics. As for the company, I had no problems with customer service. I ordered it at the height of the Christmas season and got it right away and chose the monthly billing method so I did not have to plop down so much money at once. Overall, I think this is an excellent product and teaching tool.

(Rebekah Evans, 2009-10-27) I got the program as a christmas present for my newborn son. He is 1 now and absolutly interacts with the videos and has not been bored with them. I also have a 4 1/2 year old who calls them "baby videos" but sits and watches every moment. we laugh when I ask him why he's watching the "baby vedios". He loves the independence of reading "by himself" with the books and flash cards. He always wants to "do them again". He is currently learning letters and their sounds at pre-kindergarten and is advanced for his age. Seeing him write and learn to read is one of the most amazing moments so far in my motherhood. I really enjoy the product and so do both my boys. People shouldn't expect anything unrealistic. I dont really care if they actually learn to read from this program. We have fun together with it and i get to feel like i'm helping my children learn new things.... whatelse am i supposed to do as a parent?.... and lets be really honest... the only way i can shower by myself as a single parent is to distract my children for 20 minutes or so and hope they dont kill themselves while i'm in the bathroom. the movies work great! judge me how you will but the videos are worth their price in gold for that reason alone

(MomFord, 2009-10-25) This product is great. I know a person (started at 3 months) who's son is reading at age three from regular magazines and spelling 5 letter words. My daughter has been working with it for one month but loves the dvd and songs are her favorite. It has help her recognize that these are words instead of just letters. I am hopefully that she will keep learning.

Shop Now: Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview