Hot New Products

Convoy

Convoy

Convoy

Citizen Band radio takes to the freeways for fast-lane thrills and fly-over spills. Trucker "Rubber Duck" (Kris Kristofferson) signals the big ‘10-4’ when he and his unsuspecting ridealong (Ali MacGraw) are chased through three states by a corrupt traffic cop named "Dirty Lyle" (Ernest Borgnine). The green light is sent out over the CB airwaves for a convoy of truckers to help keep the police off his trail. Director Sam Peckinpah steps on the gas for this all-action adventure jam-packed with sensational stunts.

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/114673

Last updated: October 19, 2009, 4:40 pm

Convoy Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 3.5 Total Reviews: 86

(Darin K. Giard, 2009-08-28) Here's the update. The Cheezy Flicks DVD version of this is cool yet somewhat disappointing. RE: the aspect ratio and the "squashed video", if played on a Plasma or LCD TV with ratio set at 16X9, it shows it in the 2:35 version. Watched on a reg 4X3 TV it is kinda funky looking.(You might want to check your DVD player settings to make sure they are set at 16X9 and not 4X3) Audio and video are mediocre but it does have some cool drive-in movie intermission promo's and stuff. If you have the right size TV and can get it cheap...do it. C'mon though...it's ain't the frickin' GODFATHER! It's CONVOY! I'm suprised it's not a Pan and Scan TV edit.

(Jose Lopez, 2009-03-02) I have this DVD Version, no special features, I've heard other version might be worst? I am not sure why the studio would not release it properly in N.A. ?? I love this movie. It's a great movie, and the best trucker one.

(J. Denning, 2009-02-25) I ordered this movie twice and both times when I received it the DVD had come loose from the thing in the middle that holds it in place the movie was scratched up from handling... I gave the benefit of the doubt the first time and reordred it but when I got the 2nd one and it was the same I just gave up!

(R. McKenzie, 2008-09-01) I made the mistake of buying the CheezyFlicks DVD of Convoy. This movie was shot in Panavision which is an anamorphic process whereby the camera lens "squeezes" the image horizontally to fit in a normal 35mm frame. The picture is then "unsqueezed" to an aspect ratio of 2.4:1 by the projection lens. The "widescreen" CheezyFlicks DVD has an aspect ratio of about 1.85:1 and the image remains "squeezed" so that everything -- people, trucks, scenery -- is shown at about half its proper width. The distortion is so great as to make this DVD unwatchable. I would have given it zero stars if Amazon permitted. There is no excuse for putting out a DVD in this manner. Pan and scan ("full screen") would have been better -- at least the half of the original image that was on the screen wouldn't be distorted. If this is an example of the integrity of CheezyFlicks then their products should probably be avoided. I certainly won't be buying any more of them. Please don't write me off as one of those "purists" who enjoy nitpicking over aspect ratios. The problem with this disc is not the aspect ratio, but rather the gross distortion of the image.

(Brandon West, 2008-04-14) WHEN I ORDERED THIS MOVIE, IT WAS BECAUSE I HAD JUST WATCHED IT ON TELEVISION AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND IT IN STORES FOR YEARS. BUT I WAS DISSAPOINTED BY THE QUALITY, THE WORDS CAME BEFORE THE MOUITHS MOVED THROUGHOUT MOST OF THE MOVIE. THE SOUND QUALITY ITSELF WAS HORRIBLE, I HAD TO ALMOST TURN MY VOLUME UP ALL THE WAY JUST TO HEAR WHAT PEOPLE WERE SAYING, AND HAD TO TURN IT WAY DOWN WHEN THE SEMI ENGINES WERE REVED. I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO I WILL BE KEEPING IT, BUT I AM DISSAPOINTED IN THE QUALITY.

Shop Now: Convoy

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview