Hot New Products

Jaws (Widescreen Anniversary Collector's Edition) $5.98

Jaws (Widescreen Anniversary Collector's Edition) $5.98

Jaws (Widescreen Anniversary Collector's Edition) $5.98

Spielberg pits three mena against a great white shark that has been attacking swimmers at an island resort in new england. The film redefined the word blockbuster and john williams score still haunts swimmers around the world. Studio: Uni Dist Corp. (mca) Release Date: 05/23/2006 Starring: Roy Scheider Richard Dreyfuss Run time: 125 minutes Rating: Pg Director: Steven Spielberg

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/107243

Last updated: October 19, 2009, 4:45 pm

Jaws (Widescreen Anniversary Collector's Edition) Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 695

(Curt Remmel, 2009-10-02) I watched this film for the first time when I was 8 years old and that was in 1979. It was playing in a holiday resort cinema at the time. A real run of the mill movie by the time I seen it, so even though I was so young and on my own, it was ok to go in and watch it. I ran out of the cinema and back to our apartment when I seen the head scene. I had nightmares for weeks afterwards. Since then I've seen this classic countless times and I enjoy it every time. There's just something about the atmosphere in the film that I find infectious. The casting is the most natural I've seen. Each of the main characters is so believable, different and interesting in their own way. A tired middle aged cop from New York, a young rich scientist in love with his work, and an old weather beaten shark fisherman with scars to remember most of his encounters. I've yet to see interaction like this between 3 actors. The love\hate atmosphere on the boat is just gripping. I bought the DVD version for my kids. I'd rather the original because in the DVD version in the scene before they sing; `Show me the way to go home', the whale sound effect is smudged out and replaced with a more 90's politically correct whale sound. I thought the original effect added much more to the atmosphere of the film. But it is cool to see it digitally touched up. And what about the Score? Is there a more memorable score for a movie? Space Odyssey 2001 springs to mind but even that masterpiece borrows from the classical world. That music was not written for that film. I loved the book too, but I have to say the movie is better. I know it's strange but it's true. I love movies but I've yet to get the same level of enjoyment from a movie as I did from Jaws. And that includes E.T., Close Encounters, Star Wars and so on. Jaws is a marvel. I'm glad I was so young when I first seen it because it probably wouldn't have had the affect on me that it had had I watched it at an older age. Ok in hindsight and if you like nitpicking you can find a few things wrong with this film. Like the missing chair after the scene were they caught something with the fishing rod, or it wasn't really summer when the filmed it. Big deal! Movies like this are about imagination aren't they? These inconsistencies had to be pointed out to me before I could see them for myself. In my opinion a good movie with no directing or editing errors is not what makes it good movie. Jaws is King and very underrated in my opinion.

(Janet Martin Del Campo, 2009-09-07) i thought this movie was A+ when i saw it i sure wasnt scared of the water but i'll tell you waht, i was scared of sharks. once again the master george lucas brings us A+ effects, i wish i could give it 6 stars instead of 5 but thats how life is i guess.

(D. McCormick, 2009-08-22) I have always loved this movie. The DTS sound is phenomenal, much more spacious than the standard DOLBY version.

(G-Force, 2009-08-19) Every summer it is a must to watch at least one of the movies in the Jaws collection. I can't help but wonder how CGI could make the shark look more realistic.

(D. Reed, 2009-08-14) From the first killing to John Williams' fantastic theme, there has yet to be a shark movie that combines suspense, action and drama. What makes this so much better than the sequels and recent movies that feature killer sharks (and I know other people have said this but not me) is that they don't show the shark until the movie's almost over! I mean, you know what's killing these people but you have no idea of the size of this thing until it pops up out of the water when Schieder's throwing the chum. I think all the horror/slasher films need to take a lesson from this; don't show the monster all the time because the people will never get scared. People are afraid of the unknown, so if you show people getting killed off but don't show who or what's doing it, then you'll get a bigger scare out of them when you do finally show it. Anyway, enough prattling on how good suspense should be done. Roy Schieder gives a great performance as Chief Brody. He's an average person thrust into this extraordinary situation. Robert Shaw is off his is rocker as Quint (a complete opposite compared to his role in From Russia with Love). And Richard Dreyfuss is down to Earth and believable as Hooper. All three actors have great chemistry together when they're on the boat. The shark, while not sleek looking by today's standards of special effects (God awful CGI would probably replace the model if this film gets remade and we'd probably see the shark every waking moment), is very believeable in its few moments on screen. And I think the shark roars or makes some weird sound when it busts through the boat right before Brody thrusts the air tank in its mouth. I might be wrong though.

Shop Now: Jaws (Widescreen Anniversary Collector's Edition) $5.98

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview