Hot New Products

SAVE $5.99 - Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) $8.99

SAVE $5.99 - Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) $8.99

SAVE $5.99 - Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) $8.99Price: $14.98 Now: $8.99 You save: $5.99

THROUGH THREE TURBULENT DECADES, FORREST RIDES A TIDE OF EVENTS THAT WHISKS HIM FROM PHYSICAL DISABILITY TO FOOTBALL STARDOM, FROM VIETNAM HERO TO SHRIMP TYCOON, FROM WHITE HOUSE HONORS TO THE ARMS OF HIS ONE TRUE LOVE. FORREST IS AN INNOCENT AT LARGE IN AN AMERICA THAT IS LOSING ITS INNOCENCE.

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/32417

Last updated: October 18, 2009, 12:05 am

Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 585

(Amanda Paulsen, 2009-08-28) I recieved this DVD very quickly and it is in rather good shape. I was very pleased.

(Daniel Hayes, 2009-08-25) Not literally. I for the most part have watched this movie in dribs and drabs as that's how much I can take of it. To be honest I really don't like it because unrequited love makes me sad. This is a sweet story about Forrest and his undying love of his friend Jenny. Forrest has a handicap in which he has to wear leg braces until the age of 9, and he's also slow mentally. Jenny is a poor girl who is molested by her single father until she's taken away from him. The roads that Jenny and Forrest end up taking are different as night and day. Jenny ends up in a world of drugs, sex, and rock and roll while Forrest now having shed his leg braces has gone onto college to play football, and enlist in the Marines, and goes to Veitnam, and becomes a successful entreprenuer, but still longs to have Jenny by his side, but circumstances keep pushing her away from him, and then Forrest does something that I wish I could do if I could afford to, and that's run back and forth across the United States. He runs to get rid of all the demons within him; meaning all the hurt, rejection, and anything that was bothering him. I know I'm carrying alot of baggage around within me, and I also have alot of responsibilities that I wish I could just run from, but I couldn't abandon my son, so I consider writing reviews on here as my way of running back and forth across the United States. I write about how movies, music, and books affect me, and hope that there's an understanding audience out there to know what I go through. I know some of it doesn't make sense, but I have to get my feelings out somehow. Anyway after Forrest gets back from running back and forth across the United States he finally gets Jenny as she comes home to Forrest, and introduces him to his son, and Jenny has AIDS, so Forrest loving her still marries her, so he gets her in the end, but it's a short, but sweet marriage as she ends up dying. I know that my wife died, and I'm left to raise my son on my own, so that's another way this movie speaks to me. It's good, but I don't know if I will ever own it as I still don't like unrequited love, but I guess none of us do. I also feel that the line "Life is a box of chocolates...you never know what you'll get." is overused here, and while there's probably a note of wisdom in this I just think it's lame. While it deserves the best picture Oscar I was pulling for "Pulp Fiction".

(D. Blakemore, 2009-08-17) This movie has it all - escapism, drama, comedy, a little action - just, everything. And Tom Hanks' performance is nothing short of epic. He should have received 10 Oscars on steroids for this performance, instead of just 1 plain ol' Oscar. I'm in my 40s and have seen lots of movies, but this one is still my all-time favorite. Only a moron could be disappointed by this movie.

(Frederick Baptist, 2009-08-08) This film reminds me a lot of one of my other all-time favourite movies "Being There" starring the comedic genius Peter Sellers but it is even more than that as it incorporates themes present in the outlandish myths of the tales of Paul Bunyon stretching the imagination with amusing whoppers all done so expertly interweaving important social and political issues spanning the 50's to the 80's coinciding with the growth of one simpleton Forrest Gump from childhood to adulthood. The screenplay is excellent but what makes this film work so well is how well it handles the other major aspects of film-making such as sound effects, cinematography, lighting let alone the usual acting and directing that most people are familiar with. If you look at this film from a purely technical aspect, this on all accounts is an excellent film and will certainly age very well over the years. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see this climb subtantially up any list of best films of all time as more and more people appreciate just how great this film is. Without being judgemental, this film manages to remind us of important historical events in a humourous manner also without being disrespectful of the subject matter. There are many themes here but I liked the Lt Dan sub-story the best about how a person finds redemption and peace with himself and his faith. The overall theme which addresses the question of whether life is a series of chance occurrences or the work of an invisible hand I found to be very interesting and is what will make this film as timeless as the answer to this central theme of this great movie. The second disc of extras which includes documentaries and interviews is very well done and the main disc has excellent picture (except for white spots in a few frames) and sound quality coming in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround options. Great film, great picture and sound quality and great extras make this a great addition to your movie library. Highly recommended!

(Stars4dawn, 2009-08-04) My 10 year old daughter is just getting into Tom Hanks as an actor and she loved Forrest Gump! It is truly one of our rare Tom Hanks gems! Not to be missed! Unforgettable! He is so versatile and talented! We are so fortunate and blessed to have him among our generation. Long may he continue to act. Thanks, Tom!

Shop Now: SAVE $5.99 - Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) $8.99

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview