Hot New Products

SAVE $20.99 - Bonanza: The Official First Season, Vol 1 & 2 $48.99

SAVE $20.99 - Bonanza: The Official First Season, Vol 1 & 2 $48.99

SAVE $20.99 - Bonanza: The Official First Season, Vol 1 & 2 $48.99Price: $69.98 Now: $48.99 You save: $20.99

Studio: Paramount Home Video Release Date: 09/15/2009 Rating: Nr

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/12521

Last updated: October 19, 2009, 4:13 am

Bonanza: The Official First Season, Vol 1 & 2 Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 20

(lijebeck, 2009-10-15) After years of waiting and wondering if it ever would happen, Bonanza fans can rejoice! The first full set of uncut episodes from the original series with the original music has been released and it is terrific! Included are some enticing extras such as behind the scenes photos, original NBC peacock logo and bumpers, promos for the show, interviews with people associated with the series and the infamous clip of the Cartwrights actually singing (well, sort of) the words from the theme. For those of us who are true fans, however, just having the episodes uncut as they were meant to be is more than enough. The only thing that could top this would be for the powers that be to continue to release additional seasons on a regular basis (quickly!) of the same high quality until diehard fans are able to own the entire 14 seasons of this classic family western. We have waited far too long already!

(Jeanette G. Halford, 2009-10-11) ...well, to my home anyway! And it is about time. I love Bonanza and the quality of these DVDs make me more than glad that I bought them. To finally have these shows available at my command is a dream come true. The quality is fantastic; the episodes are so much better than any Bonanza shown on t.v., youtube, etc. The handsome Cartwrights in living color! Whether you prefer mysteriously handsome Adam, devilishly cute Little Joe, sweetly lovable Hoss, or strongly distinguished Ben you want to see them as clearly as possible! The only way to do that is on these dvds. Granted there are not a lot of your usual special features, but the photo galleries make up for that. And the features that are there are well worth watching. If you even want to call yourself a Bonanza fan, you have no excuse for not buying these DVDs. None! Now come on, order...you know you want to.

(Harold W. Vloedman, 2009-10-03) I was 11 years old when Bonanza first aired. I watched every chance I had through my teens and early adult life. Since then I have tried to catch reruns whenever possible. I resisted buying those "Fan Favorites" offers because I knew what would happen. Maybe (or not) I would finally get that one episode that I liked best, but I would also get at least 3 duplicate copies of other episodes that I consider a little less than great. Now I can get all 14 seasons with just one copy of each episode and be able to play my favorites when I want to see them. No more tuning in a rerun HOPING it is one of my favorites. I have watched about half of season 1 so far and am almost completely satisfied. Yes, I said almost. It irritates me when I slip in a DVD of one of my favorite TV shows and there is no option to "play all." I'm settling back for a few hours of my favorite show, and I can't just say play all the episodes on this disk. I have to select the second episode after the first one is finished, then select the third, etc. It's not that selecting another episode is such hard work for me or my thumb, it is just sloppy programming. I worked with computers and did some programming, so I know it is not hard work to place such an option on the menu. I hope that will be corrected with season 2. And please do not release half the seasons and then just quit on your customers. I have 4 seasons of another one of my favorite shows, and now have been waitng 2 years for the last 5 seasons. Don't do this to me again, Paramount!

(Cas, 2009-10-02) It was a long wait, but without a doubt, worth every moment of waiting. This 'first season" set is beautifully designed, jam-packed with "extras" that will delight Bonanza fans all around the world. Interviews, pictures, stories make this set "extra" special, along with the wonderful first season episodes that paved the way for Bonanza's amazing fourteen seasons on television. Created and cast by producer David Dortort: Lorne Greene, Pernell Roberts, Dan Blocker and Michael Landon made Bonanza and the amazing Cartwrights come to life, touch our hearts, and live forever in television history. The only thing missing is the 13 seasons that followed this wonderful first season debut, and I am anxiously looking forward to the release of the rest of this series. I highly recommend buying this first season set and all the Bonanza releases to follow. This "official" release is a fantastic treasure!

(Mulroon, 2009-09-23) It was wonderful to see the original 1957 NBC peacock included on an episode each of Volume 1, "A Rose For Lotta" (1959) and volume 2, "The Avenger" (1960), which was a predecessor to the famous Laramie Peacock, first used to introduce an episode of the western Laramie, in 1962, and used regularly until the mid-1970's, and which still gets trotted out occaisionally for specials. This two pack (full season) release is great for the fabulous looking episodes, bumpers, photographs, and interviews.

Shop Now: SAVE $20.99 - Bonanza: The Official First Season, Vol 1 & 2 $48.99

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview