Hot New Products

SAVE $20.96 - The William Castle Film Collection (13 Frightened Girls / 13 Ghosts / Homicidal / Strait-Jacket / The Old Dark House / Mr. Sardonicus / The Tingler / Zotz!) $59.99

SAVE $20.96 - The William Castle Film Collection (13 Frightened Girls / 13 Ghosts / Homicidal / Strait-Jacket / The Old Dark House / Mr. Sardonicus / The Tingler / Zotz!) $59.99

SAVE $20.96 - The William Castle Film Collection (13 Frightened Girls / 13 Ghosts / Homicidal / Strait-Jacket / The Old Dark House / Mr. Sardonicus / The Tingler / Zotz!) $59.99Price: $80.95 Now: $59.99 You save: $20.96

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/105484

Last updated: October 13, 2009, 8:55 pm

Cusomter reviews of The William Castle Film Collection (13 Frightened Girls / 13 Ghosts / Homicidal / Strait-Jacket / The Old Dark House / Mr. Sardonicus / The Tingler / Zotz!):

Average Rating: 3.0 Total Reviews: 6

(J. Baratti, 2009-10-13) What about "MACABRE?" That is the one William Castle movie I have looked for in forever and it STILL isn't released. That was one of the scariest movies I ever saw, when i was a kid back in the 60s. It's about a man who's daughter was buried alive in a cemetary. He and Jacqueline Scott get a couple of shovels and start digging everywhere to save her before her air ran out. I sure wish someone would release it.

(Cory, 2009-09-26) $72.00 !?!?!? IN THIS DAY AND AGE???!!!!! Criterion Collection would have released this set cheaper I think! Unless you don't have any of these on DVD yet (and I doubt there are many William Castle fans out there who don't), don't buy this on principle. PS: I only rate this as a 2 star release instead of a 1 on the basic principle that it is a William Castle collection, and these are good films. If the price had been around $40, it would have made a nice introductory set for someone new to Castle's films and I would have given it 4. If it had included the much desired, yet to be released films mentioned in several of the other reviews and been $72 it would have been 4 stars- unreleased films and in the $50-$60 range, it would have gotten 5 stars from me. Too bad.

(G. Rosas, 2009-09-23) I was so excited-like most of Castle's fans-to find out that a boxed collection was coming. Thoughts of FINALLY owning "Macabre," "The Night Walker," and "Let's Kill Uncle" had my heart racing with excitment. Then I saw the titles. WTF!! How dare Sony betray fans this way!! Guess I'll continue to hunt the late night cable movie listings in hopes of seeing those 3 gems again. Thanks for nothing, SONY!!

(S. Boone, 2009-07-20) There are only 3 items on this set that I don't have, and that's "13 Frightened Girls", "Old Dark House" (remake) and "Zotz" (which sounds rather stupid & has Tom Poston, who I don't like). Where's "Macabre"? Where's "Night Walker"? I have "I Saw What You Did" so I don't really care about that not being included, but it's very disappointing that this is mostly a rehash of stuff that's already been released & not some of the other works that have never been released on DVD (and let's not forget "Let's Kill Uncle"...or maybe we should). I'm not shelling out $70 for the three movies I haven't seen, that's a bit much.

(David Wicks, 2009-06-29) Finally, 1963's remake of "The Old Dark House" is getting a DVD release. What a shame it's bundled into a collection featuring a batch of William Castle movies that have already been released as single items... except for "The Old Dark House"! Sorry, Sony. This Castle fan ISN'T going to pay $70 just to get hold of one movie. At least I have a copy of it originally telecast over Australian Pay TV several years ago... that will have to do. David

Shop Now: SAVE $20.96 - The William Castle Film Collection (13 Frightened Girls / 13 Ghosts / Homicidal / Strait-Jacket / The Old Dark House / Mr. Sardonicus / The Tingler / Zotz!) $59.99

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview