Hot New Products

SAVE $4.45 - Swan Princess $10.49

SAVE $4.45 - Swan Princess $10.49

SAVE $4.45 - Swan Princess $10.49Price: $14.94 Now: $10.49 You save: $4.45

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/105479

Last updated: October 13, 2009, 8:47 pm

Cusomter reviews of Swan Princess:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 53

(Hannah M. Prewett, 2009-06-10) I watched this with fairly low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I grew up watching Disney movies, and it seems like when other companies try to pull off a princess movie, it just ends up being a Disney movie wanna-be. There were some definite Disney-ish qualities to this movie. In fact, when it first started, I thought, "It looks like another version of Sleeping Beauty"-the dad longing for many years for a child and finally having a daughter; the betrothal of a young prince and princess, although it's more developed than in Sleeping Beauty; the typical animal sidekicks to provide comic relief; the bad guy turning into a dragon-like creature and the prince coming to the rescue. It wasn't exactly the same, just had lots of similarities. The animation was better than I expected, though still not quite up to Disney film standards (I'd say maybe up to Disney direct to DVD standards-maybe slightly better). As many reviewers have mentioned, the "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and "Princesses on Parade" songs were a bit overdone. While I actually enjoyed "No More Mr. Nice Guy" itself, it didn't fit the villian's character or the mood of the moment. The other thing was that this song and the Princess song didn't really do much to help the story along. It was more like , "Oh, it's time for the bad guy to sing now!" or "Hey, let's put in a big show-stopping number with all the princesses in it!" On the other hand, songs like "This is my Idea" and "Far Longer than Forever" were very enjoyable. "This is my Idea" did a good job of inserting humor, and helped move the story along. "Far Longer than Forever" is very pretty and comparable to many of the classic Disney love songs. Howard McGillin and Liz Callaway's beautiful voices are amazing. I did appreciate the movie's attempt to get the idea across that a romantic couple in an animated movie doesn't have to fall in love at first sight...love is sometimes something you learn after years of knowing someone. It might have been able to be developed a little more, as some other reviewers have mentioned, but I think they had the right idea. One thing I did want to mention is that there are a couple of pretty intense scenes if you have more sensitive little ones. My girls get scared really easily (they can't even handle the wolf fight in Beauty and the Beast), and they'll be waiting a while to see this. For one thing, in the battle scene at the end between Prince Derek and Rothbart, Rothbart turns into a pretty scary dragon-like creature, which might be too much for smaller viewers. Also, at one point in the film, Derek mistakes Odette in her swan form for the villian and tries to kill her. Once again, if you have sensitive little ones, this might be a little too intense for them. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a classic, but an enjoyable film nonetheless.

(R. Stewart, 2009-05-15) This movie is awesome! I'm so glad I allowed my child to watch it. It is enjoyable for children AND adults. ~Pleased Parent

(Lita M. Hildebrand, 2009-05-02) I paid for this product and then never recieved it. Although he did return my money, I was disapointed.

(Anne G., 2009-03-09) I was happy to receive my order so quickly and find the quality excellent as promised.

(T. Ducharme, 2009-01-31) I live in a small town, so when I wanted to own this movie once again as a reminder of my wonderful childhood, I was just a little bit out of luck. I couldn't find it anywhere. So when I found it on the internet for such a low price, I couldn't pass it up. This is such a wonderfully cute and light-hearted story that I love to watch it even to this day.

Shop Now: SAVE $4.45 - Swan Princess $10.49

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview