Hot New Products

SAVE $6.49 - The Monster Squad (Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition) $8.49

SAVE $6.49 - The Monster Squad (Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition) $8.49

SAVE $6.49 - The Monster Squad (Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition) $8.49Price: $14.98 Now: $8.49 You save: $6.49

Count Dracula adjourns to Earth, accompanied by Frankenstein's Monster, the Wolfman, the Mummy, and the Gillman. The uglies are in search of a powerful amulet that will grant them power to rule the world. Our heroes - the Monster Squad are the only ones daring to stand in their way.

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/110259

Last updated: October 16, 2009, 7:04 pm

The Monster Squad (Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition) Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 319

(BuddysMom, 2009-09-20) It was bought as a gift for my grandson and he says it is a great movie.

(Matthew Kresge, 2009-08-08) I am amazed that this two disc set is priced so low. It is worth every penny at this price. If you remember it from your childhood as I do, then it is a priceless movie and at under 10 bucks you just can't beat it! This is everything I wanted in a movie growing up, it was funny, fun, scary, predictable and an all around perfect watch. The monsters are done with prosthetics and makeup and the movie is shot on location and on movie sets. Right before the great filmakers decided to go lazy there were movies like The Monster Squad. That's right, no green screens and CGI here! The disc full of extras is worth more than the price of the movie alone, and watching the actors reminisce and hearing some of the stories like the fact that Liam Neeson was passed over to play Dracula is just awesome! And not to mention how well the DVD was remastered. I remember watching this on HBO a countless number of times, but it never looked this good! Bravo Lion's Gate for putting out this 20th anniversary edition, and if you made it this far reading this review, stop reading and click the round "add to shopping cart" button. This is the best 8 bucks you will spend all week!!!

(R. McCarty, 2009-07-09) I got this movie for my youngest son and I to watch. We like the old Universal monster movies and I thought this would be a nice, modern version for us to enjoy (and finally a monster movie in color!). Boy was I wrong. There are scant few seconds of neat moments when all the major monsters are together, but those moments are surrounded by bad 80's filmmaking at its worst. This film resides in that 80's neverland world of rude kids, clueless adults, and toilet humor. Like the rest of the world I never saw Monster Squad when it was released but I do remember the ads they played for it with that line about Wolfman's "nards." While lame, I figured they wanted to stay away from actual bad language; wrong again. The only curse word not found in this movie is the dreaded F- - - word. This flick is wall-to-wall filthy language, so right off my son couldn't watch it. It's not scary at all, although whenever a female vampire dies it's usually bloody. Not one of the kids has any charisma whatsoever and I found myself not caring if they survived or not; kind of like the "adult" horror film teenagers. And why does the amulet spawned vortex that is supposed to eradicate evil suck up anything in its path, even beagles?? People can't claim nostalgia for liking this mess, because as I said, no one saw this thing. This was a great idea but a horrible execution. Too vulgar to be a kids movie, too juvenile for "most" adults, the Monster Squad is absolutely worthless.

(Jules, 2009-06-28) The DVD was in very good condition. I was happy with the service. My husband loves this movie and I like the fact of getting a choice on price and condition.

(B. J. Walker, 2009-05-11) It has some of my favorite lines. Wolfman has nards! Is she a version(virgin)?

Shop Now: SAVE $6.49 - The Monster Squad (Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition) $8.49

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview