Hot New Products

SAVE $22.5 - The Tudors - The Complete Second Season $18.49

SAVE $22.5 - The Tudors - The Complete Second Season $18.49

SAVE $22.5 - The Tudors - The Complete Second Season $18.49Price: $40.99 Now: $18.49 You save: $22.5

Studio: Paramount Home Video Release Date: 01/06/2009 Run time: 542 minutes Rating: Nr

Shop Now »»

Permalink: dealnay.com/10620

Last updated: October 17, 2009, 4:35 am

The Tudors - The Complete Second Season Cusomter reviews:

Average Rating: 4.5 Total Reviews: 140

(history buff, 2009-10-09) I feel so many people before me have said it well enough before me. This season has it high moments but overall last season surpassed it. However, it is still worth buying and watching.

(Linda, 2009-10-06) It's TV, not a history lesson, and The Tudors, Season 2 delivers good period drama, with plenty of courtly plotting. Natalie Dormer brings grit and moxie to her role as Anne Boleyn, and while Henry VIII was a bit older than Rhys-Meyers appears, it's amazing to watch as the king slides into the megalomania that characterized the second half of his reign. Nick Dunning is spot on as Anne's cunning, cold father. Unfortunately, Anita Briem is miscast as Henry's next paramour, Jane Seymour, who was not the beautiful, nubile temptress portrayed here. The highlight of this season, of course, is the execution of Queen Anne, and what a death scene Ms. Dormer turns in, showing the mettle that gave Anne the power to dethrone a sitting queen. And the final scene, Henry enjoying a "subtlety", reveals him as the selfish tyrant that he truly was. This is a grand, sumptuous production, with eye popping costumes and scenery. While it could easily have gone over the top, the directors deserve credit for using at least a modicum of restraint. This series is great fun. Don't take it too seriously and you'll have a wonderful viewing experience.

(A. Weinberg, 2009-10-03) This makes whatever has gone in our government over the last 70 years seem like patty cake. The acting is superb, the actors are marvelous and I specially like the woman who played Queen Katherine of Arigonne. I am eager to see Season 3.

(Dominic Anthony Maighnath, 2009-10-01) I took a number of history classes back when I was in HS in the 1950s. As I recall from my history books, though they were mere overviews of the period, what I saw depicted in the Tudor series was a lot as I remembered it. The actors did a fine job depicting their characters and I was more than pleased with my purchase. I look forward to getting more on the series. Reminiscent of the movie "Becket" and the torrid performances of both O'Toole and Burton. You cannot go wrong with this Showtime series if you love English history and fine acting.

(A. Phillips, 2009-10-01) I thought Season 1 was fantastic, but Season 2 takes it up a notch, with the focus on Anne Boleyn, the tragic second wife of Henry VIII. The actress portraying Anne, Natalie Dormer, is phenomenal; not only does she enjoy outstanding chemistry with Jonathan Rhys Meyers (King Henry), but her performance just keeps getting better and better as Anne spirals downward from beloved wife to accused adulterer and traitor! The finale is a masterpiece on film, as Anne goes bravely to her unjust death on the scaffold. I read that the entire cast gave her a standing ovation after her last scene was filmed, and I can certainly understand why! Natalie Dormer's scenes with JRM are outstanding, and so incredibly real - you really feel their passion in all of their scenes, whether it is love or hatred. I never wanted season 2 to end, but sadly for Anne Boleyn, we all know what a tragic fate awaited her. I LOVE this show so much that I am planning a Tudors Tour of England next spring for all Tudor fans! [...]

Shop Now: SAVE $22.5 - The Tudors - The Complete Second Season $18.49

Amazon Movie & TV Show Preview